Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Can't Wait To Be On The Road Again...

I'm on the move again, I've relocated, finding work and accommodation far easier than I did in Dublin, to Leeds. Mountainous terrain, peculiar accents, crisp clean air, Leeds is a far departure. The first few days it has taken time to get used to friendliness from everyone, including the counter staff at Boots.

Living in the far too studenty district of Hyde Park, but at least its not Headingly, which is posh and studenty (Although I do frequently walk past purpose built student compound Opal Park, which is posh, studenty and paid for by daddykins).

This place is record buyers paradise, if only I had my record player. After fitting two ukuleles, a litre of Finlandia Vodka and some drainpipe trousers into my bag there wasn't much room for anything else, but this will be corrected in time. Again, I moved with no money and no job and found far better opportunity here then ever experienced in Liverpool. For a start, agencies where actually keen to take me on, even if it does mean countless telephone interviews and discussions concerning how I would meet sales targets. I'm working now in a coffee place, not exactly top brass stuff, but its over minimum wage, easy work, and just what I'd earn in a far more demanding job elsewhere. Plus, free Tea.

Someone has painted over my street sign so that it reads Rank Place, far too easy a joke. When moving into a house I'd remind people to look for things like mirrors, sinks, kitchen tables and lamps. My house has none of these things. Shaving is nigh on impossible, contact lense remove a opperational nightmare, but I'll survive (Only a two month lease).

So, a new city, new house and job, let the good times role, Lots of gigs lined up, Bat For Lashes, !!!, The Fall, Gwar, Arcade Fire, Howling Bells, good stuff. Working on a comedy script based in a sadly forgotten era, but more on that in a later date.

Till then, one must go and assimilate

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


FREE Hit Counters!