Monday, June 12, 2006

The Most Important Thing Is Work

The long abscence of new material here has been to the start of two new jobs. it's a simple comparisson to compare this to the arrival of buses, which in turn is fitting as one of thejobs is working for Merseytravel.

The other one is for Holiday Inn, marking a long overdue return to bar work. The place is big in training and are right to proudly promote thier participation in the Investors In The People scheme, meaning about 5% of my time is spent on training (Which is paid and comes with food and drink). It's a great place to work, nice nvironment friendly people, just have to endure serving stag and hen parties who make up the bulk of the weeekend crowd. Even this ain't too bad as while it means high rate of sales, its only for the first and last two hours of the shift, meaning there are three in the middle with nothing to do. The hardest opart of the job is trying to understand the Northern Ireland accents in my left ear and the thick Scottish accents in the right, stereophonic linguistic hell.

Merseytravel is more about learning all the bus routes and redirecting people to the tourist infomation centre we are most defintly not even though we're down on the map as it, we have the sign above the building and they used to be there. For the record:

"You need top go out the building, left, follow the road down, first left and carry on about 200 meters, it's called o8 Place and it's opposite the new shopping centre".

Having both these jobs at once means most of my life is now restricted to a very small area of town. Lucily I can't see one job from the other as such a clear example of my lisited range of movment would be very depressing indeed. Having 70 hours work a week however more than makes up for this, especially as I'll have no time to spend it at all, some come September (When the Merseytravel position supposedly ends).

I'm also having trouble breaking in my winklepickers, whats made them famous has made a looser out of me as I've now given in and jsut wear my Doc Martins to work. A fair bit of polish and dubbin and they're cutting a respectablee image now, but they coukld never have the grace and style of the 'pickers (Which I tell people I won in a game of cards against a Pole in a brothel).

So till September time, don't be expecting many updates

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


FREE Hit Counters!