Thursday, February 16, 2006

It's The End of English Smoking As We Know It

Last night Parliament decided on a total smoking ban in pubs and clubs, coming into effect in mid-2007.

Although I enjoyed the smoke free environment in Dublin I think to general public should have had more of a say in matters here, but hey, Labour have made it pretty clear they can call the shots for us.


To lighten the blow however, my morning got of to a good start today when I came across this article in The Guardian about the social significance of smoking. My favorite point is number three, that banning candy cigarettes (Ah, I remember them) failed to stop kids smoking and now they're all addicted to smack. It's fun, because, it's true.

And remember, smoking certainly doesn't make traditionally ugly people look cool...


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


FREE Hit Counters!