Saturday, February 04, 2006

Feeback

After I first put up that bit about Islam cartoons I had a spate of feedback e-mailed to me, and I was expecting some criticism / death thereats, but in amongst the offers to make my blog a scource of income was a first genuine reply!

Fun Blog! Hope you don't mind me leaving a comment or two.
6: In Swift's defence the babies thing was satire.
17: Try again you might be pleasantly surprised!
37 & 47: I eschewed the temptation to support U2 when I was a 1970's teenager in favour of a rival Dublin band called the Lookalikes - I've always known how to pick a winner! I was so besotted by Phil Lynott when I was a teenager that I pretended for years that I had met him when in fact it was my friend who had.(By sad coincidence she had a conversation with him almost exactly where the memorial statue is erected)
44: Although I'm not besotted by him I do quite like Will Self and did find myself drinking whiskey with him in Cambridge one cold winter evening.
46: I'm Irish but people continually think I'm Canadian, or South African or New Zelandish - they can't quite decide.
49: When I was a child I went to Bunratty Castle with my parents for a Medieval banquet - I didn't like the mead - but I was only 10.
54: Temple Bar was a bit of a shithole when I lived in Ireland.

Re 10 Dec post, there is somewhere in the world a movie of the Leonard Cohen book "The favourite game". It was made in 2003 probably in Canada, I think it's French language and I can't find a region 2 DVD anywhere and that's making me a bit cross - but it has prompted me to re-read the book so something good has come out of me finding out that tantalising bit of information.

82: Slainte!
x Angela



Well, almost exactly 13 months after I started the blog I reached someone! Rather happy with this I am.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


FREE Hit Counters!