Monday, February 06, 2006

Black Eye Like Robert Smith's Thumb Blues

Man, on Saturday night I had the misfortune to be set upon by about seven scallies who managed to take a clump of my hair, my MP3 player and gave me a mighty black eye. I've never had a black eye before, but I don't think I'll go rushing out to recommend them.

Being very poor at giving descriptions it isn't too likely that the swines will be caught, but there are two things in my favour. First, that MP3 player has a tracklisting that is one in a million, with Bobby Darin, Kylie Minouge, Brain Donor and Rolf Harris all playing an important part. Second, looking at the site afterwards we found a mobile phone, a picture one at that, and I really hope they did that video crime spree thing.

The worst part of it all is the loss of hair, for which I have suffered so much, and the black eye which will helluva impeed my job hunting opportunities. However, I do feel I handles it pretty well, I knew the worst thing to do is end up on the floor getting kicked in the head (Which did happen), and now that it has happened I have less fear of being attacked (Although I'll be looking over my shoulder more often).

It was eye opening to be in an A & E room again, the shameful places they are. On every trip of the past few years I found them to be full of people looking for somewhere to sleep, empty tins of cider, people who just seem to want someone to chat to and floors covered with dried blood. The toilets also contain more drugs than the hospitals themselves, people go in there for ninety minutes at a time, then leave when they come out (Might sus'). In the five hours I waited in the A & E I also found that hospitals are nowhere near as fun as they look on Scrubs.

Anyway, I think I dealt with it and the aftermath and look forward to weeks of questions about the black eye and the oppertunity to make up crazy tales.

Comments:
A&E is never a fun place to while away 5 or more hours of your life. Remind me not to get caught out in Liverpool - that actually sounds worse than the manchester royal infirmary!
(which is saying something!)
 
So sorry about your mugging, the hair will grow back!!! Isn't it funny (in a non-humorous way) how a lot of people assume you're a baddie if you get a black eye - unless you're a woman of course and then they assume you're in an abusive relationship! A&E departments vary from place to place I'm sure, here in Cambridge they're quite posh but still nowhere near as fun as Scrubs, but thankfully not as traumatic as ER or as incompetent as Casualty. I didn't realise that my reply to your 100 things.. article was your first - I would have made it more special if I'd know!!! I found your blog by a strange googling accident involving Phil Lynott and Leonard Cohen! - Ah serendipity is a beautiful thing. Have a great time in Norway - but 5 quid a pint Jaysus!
x
Angela
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


FREE Hit Counters!