Sunday, January 15, 2006

Richard "Rex" Hall; An American Comedian in London

Rich Hall is one of the few American comedians to infiltrate the UK and make a good job of it, absorbing the comedy atmosphere and doing his own thing rather than trying to emulate the American perception of "British Humor" like so many others. He seems a regular over here now, appearing on shows such as Never Mind The Buzzcocks, QI, and I think he may have been on Have I Got News For You (Classics, one and all, apart from QI).

To my knowledge his first big thing over here was The Rich Hall Fishing Show, I never caught it all as I was living out the country, but I liked what I caught and the ending to the series was more memorable than the last episode of Nathan Barley. Now I have a chance to keep more up to date as his new show, Rich Halls Cattle Driver, where he and a fellow American friend Mike Wilmot have decided to steal police horses, become cow boys and driver some cattle to Wales using a well referenced motorway.

The first episode was promising, hard to believe a foreigner could make accurate observations on English life, I forget what they where exactly, I was up past my prime last night dealing with the standard not sleeping problems. I'll be sure to catch a repeat then make this seem like a piece of writing that actually amounts to making some sort of point.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


FREE Hit Counters!