Saturday, January 28, 2006

Ilkley By Train

My persuit for employment took me to unexplored terroitory this week, Ilkley, about 30mins outside of Leeds, near Howrth. In another classic example of a sense of humour in the forces that be I saved £20 by getting the Job Centre to pay for my rain ticket, then lost £10 at the bus stop.

Ilkley, it must be said, is in the middle of nowhere and would be a vast departure from Dublin. However, it does have a fantastic Northern feel, it's not far from Leeds (Which seems to have a lot going for it), and it's accomodation included.

Interview went well, turned up late and asked for the wrong name due to incorect information from the agency, and then learnt the guy dealing with me had been fired for general inneptness. I would be entrusted with my own bar, to do with as I see fit, but the whole thing had a sense of "proper job" and I think that might compromise my freedom a bit too much. However, I think they want me to come up again some time for a trial, which would be fun.

I did make a wonderful discovery in Ilkley, that it stocks Gordons Distillers Cut Gin (Quadrulpe distiller, hint of lemongrass and ginger...) in abundence, and this is typical seeing that earlier in the week I'd had to arrange someone to bring me some from from Dublin. This brings the count of sightings of this magnificent gin to three and the second place I've found it for sale (At a bargin prince opf £14.99).

I imagine a venture to Ilkley by train again some time in the future, reguardless of job trial.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


FREE Hit Counters!