Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Blogger Sells Out


I think I may have sold out slightly. After turning down jobs at Four Season, cruise liines and teaching English in Japan I went and got a hair cut today before a job interview, and I even took out my piercings and removed the Neubauten and Maple leaf badges from my lappel.

It's nothing drastic, just a neaten up to help with the slim chance of getting a supervisor post at Holiday Inn (And it'd be worth it, I'd get to make a cocktail menu). It was also killing two birds with one stone, as I have another interview tomorrow at the Hope Street Hotel.

The whole interview experince was rewarding however, when bringing up the issue of long hair they said they'd be willing to make a compromise, something so reasonable I even agreed I could cut it shorter (Still long enough to be tied back and maintain a rock credibility however). But I doubt I'd ever get the post in a million years.

The employment machine continues to roll on in Leeds to, live in supervisor position at The Farsyde Restaurant, thanks to the good people at Bearkly Scott Group. The guy kept saying it was Farsyde with a y, all i could think of was Pharcyde with a hip-hop feel, or maybe the popular Gary Larson comic strip.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


FREE Hit Counters!