Friday, December 09, 2005

Big in Japan

No sooner am I back in the UK I'm looking to leave again, and I've actually had some alright offers it must be said. Next week I have an interview in Manchester with the Nova Group to teach English in Japan, which would be an excellent way to try a new field, experience new culture and see what must be a totally different world. However, it's a year contract, and a long term commitment just ain't me baby. Plus, I'd miss the annual Motorhead tour, which is my life blood.

Other oppertunities come from the bar world, seasonal ski lodge work in the South of France and Switzerland, or in an Irish bar in Dubai. The ski option has a pay around £75 a week, the attraction is that you get plenty of time to go skiing, however I can't ski. it might be a good oppertunity to learn however, but then I could just go elsewhere and learn to, say, juggle. Dubai would be a warm climate like I've never experienced, but again it's a year contact, and it's split between bar tending and waiting tables. Now I could take a year of a job I love doing, such as bar tending, but a year waiting tables in the dessert, that just ain't me.

Of course I haven't totally forgot the UK, I've applied to work in the Shetland Islands, home of those lovely little ponies, and very little else.

At the momentt, I'm holding out to be big in Japan. I've got the bread, not the butter, got the lisp but not the stutter...



Or is it the Shetland life for me??

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


FREE Hit Counters!