Sunday, November 06, 2005

They Are Motorhead

I'm back in England for the annual seeing of the Motorhead, something I've done for the last five years now. Even with my favourite bands, such as Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, I find that each time I see them they loose a little impact. It was terrible to think that this could be happening to Motorhead, I mean, they had half the amount of speakers they usually do, and Lemmy must be slowing down a bit as his drinks have started to have ice cubes in them. Mr. Kilminster is even wearing different clothes to any other time I've seen him playing, are they starting to loose it? Short answer, no. Long answer, they played with speed and precision, throwing in new songs amongst the classics, the sound was incredibly well balanced and got louder as the show went on. They might be starting to look thier age a bit, but they've compromised nothing.

As I said, they manage a great balance of old and new, two songs of Another Perfect Day, two favorites of mine, "Going To Brazil" and "R.A.M.O.N.E.S" or the criminally under-rated 1916 and no less than three songs of thier last album, Inferno, including an acoustic encore of "Whorehouse Blues". And what would be seeing Motorhead without the mandatory second encore of "Ace of Spades" and "Overkill"?

It was also good to see Lemmy in the news again as of late. A member of the Welsh Assembly in Cardiff decided to ask him to speak out against the dangers of heroin after hearing him voice his opinions against the drug in the documentary "Live Fast Die Old" (I swear to God I make a brief appearance in it). The theory was that younger people would listen to the informed opinion of a living Rock legend, and what does he go and do? He goes and calls for it to be legalized. What a great move on his part, a well thought out and practical idea it is to. Hamburg is really liberal on heroin, and it makes use far less dangerous. Dublin on the other hand is pretty conservative and the heroin abuse and the damage it cause is far more extensive. Right on Lemmy!

Seeing them again on Tuesday, in Liverpool, and I'm taking my mum. Rock 'N' Roll!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


FREE Hit Counters!