Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Motorhead still Rock

Saw Motorhead again tonight, in the Hometown of Liverpool.

Just to stress again, they really rock. See them twice in one week, playing the same set, and they'll still blow you away. Even in as little time as three days the volume sounds a little louder and Lemmy's trousers that little bit tighter.

Tonight brought two Motorhead epiphanys. First, that they are so damn cool that you can see them with your Mum and still have a deadly good time. Second, I noticed how Overkill, the traditional final song, which you think would make everybody go mental, makes people stand in awe. Now it might just be the strobes, maybe the crippling bass, but I think it's just the greatest show on Earth.

I wonder if Lemmy has ever stopped to wonder what it's like to be in the crowd during Overkill?

I got some quality bootleg material after the gig, a Motorhead XXXth Anniversary mug, and for £2! Man, I'd paid a fiver. I wish I had a camera to capture an image of this mighty drinkingvessele.

Motorhead rock, my ears ring, roll on next Christmas tour and this Saturday, when I see the amazing Dirty Three.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


FREE Hit Counters!