Thursday, September 08, 2005

I Can't Forget

Yesterday I said goodbye to my tall Swedish blonde.

In parting I managed to tell her I thought she knew nothing about me, mislead me, that I never really trusted her and thought she had no really attachment to me, and that I didn't want to stay in touch, and yet it was still the best parting I've ever had (Admittedly, not hard). I didn't escape totally unharmed, I was told thing fizzled out between us after she met up with her ex, who we all knew she wasn't over, but that didn't really bother me.

I also told her I never got the two things I wanted out of the relationship, to know the score and to know the last time we where doing things. I don't know how she took all this so well, might of been the Gin & Tonics, but it might have been balancing these comments out with comments on how many unexpected things I learnt, and how I'll always think of her when eating cheese on toast.

She did make some brutally honest statements, such as that despite having much in common there was no real link between us, and that if she wasn't going now we'd of only lasted a few more months. Joke was on her, I would have been breaking up with her there and then.

I was really surprised when she said she was going to miss me, I don't think she'd ever said anything that emotive to me, it was a whole new side of her.

We parted at The Pie Dish on Harcourt Street, I told her I didn't want the last time I ever saw her to be in work, and I'm so thankful that it wasn't. The last words she said to me where "Take care of yourself, ___" (She always used my name a lot).

I couldn't believe how well it went, but I can believe now that if we'd of just spoken about this stuff sooner we'd of made much more of the last week and The Electric Picnic (Despite parting yesterday I'm sure she laughed more than she had all weekend).

It went so well that now I'm genuinely sad that she's gone. But, it was known all along that she'd go and I'd decided we'd just let it be, rather then faffing about with contact details and letting things just fizzle out. It's sore but I think it's the right choice.

I really do wish her all the best in life and thank her for being a central part in all the best times I've had in Dublin.

"It was high and wild and free and you should've seen us" -I Can't Forget, L. Cohen

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


FREE Hit Counters!