Friday, August 19, 2005

Life's a Beach

I've neglected the blog in an epic way, the last two posts should be ignored, as clearly implied by their quality.

Okay, the last week was my birthday, took a trip to Liverpool where I was forced to attempt a yard of ale in The Ship and Miter, who have the finest selection of imported beers in the Homeland. I managed to down it in six...

After that the next round of celebrations where in Dublin. A friend took me the cinema where for the first time ever I walked out of a movie, The Devils Rejects (And I sat through Jurassic Park 2 and Batman Forever). Happier times commenced in The Bleeding Horse and The Barge, where I succeeded in planting a small explosive in a friends cigar. How I love it when a plan comes together... Also got far too drunk in Mezz, which had a rubbish Blues band, and I learnt to avoid the Stout Sampler in The Porterhouse.

Monday was a pleasant trip to Sandymount Beach, which prompted much complaints in my Scouce crew who had the audacity to complain about the beech smelling and saying the festering power plant impaired the skyline...

This did lead to the most important discovery in recent years of the dynamic of the friendship between me and my posse. Weąve always been a bit... argumentative, after all these are like a gang of kids who need every decision made for them and double checked, but we finally found what makes us get along, a proverbial Fifth Beatle of our group, alcohol!

After misadventuring around the beach we went the best Indie club Iąve found thus far in Dublin, Wheelans. Man, it didn'ąt even take a whole pint to get us back on best buddy terms, which is a worrying prospect.



And a final tedious insight, I leant to never go for Mexican food in Dublin as itąs all rubbish, especially Acapulco on George Street, itłs shite.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


FREE Hit Counters!