Saturday, April 23, 2005

Mundane Machine Music

I just had the pleasure of watching Lou Reed at the Liverpool Philharmonic. It's hardly worth mentioning. It definitely wasn't worth £35.

To begin with, doors advertised as 7:30, I get there at 7:50 and I've already missed a song. Granted, I'm told this is the way things work in "proper venues" but no warning was given to me. No support act. It's four songs into the set till I notice a song, "Ecstasy", and its not one I know well, unlike "Slip Away" which comes later, which was stunning. Only other song I know is "Perfect Day", and even then he plays a shit version.

Now I know a lot of Lou Reed stuff, not just the best ofs, but how could he play nothing of Berlin and transformer, they're classics?!? And how come no Velvet Underground material since they graced his last live album? Way too much stuff of The Raven, which I didn't like.


I'd of rathered spend £35 at Greggs, who where until tonight my arch nemesis, who are now superseeded.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


FREE Hit Counters!