Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Le Tigre: Manchester 15/03/05

I saw Le Tigre today, back in out Manchester for the second time in four days, and again, I had a curry.

I missed the support band, Gravy Train, but people I asked at the gig said they where good, I got told a lot about their image but very little about the music. How suspicious...

I've been waiting for Le Tigre since I first got a tape of them in 2000, it's a long time, so high expectations. And man, they do a great show. They actually make use of the space behind them, projecting images and videos onto a screen, first time I've seen a band do so since Tool in 2001, and the brightness of the videos put extra life into the audience.


Le Tigre; Bright Backdrops Galoe Posted by Hello

The three of them make great use of stage space, dancing and sharing instrumental duties well. In fact, they swapped instrumental duties too well, it even seemed that when no one was at the instruments they kept playing (Apart form the guitar). It was so heavily backing tracked I had to wonder if they where playing anything at all. But hey, I'm not complaining, it gave them the freedom to do the best choreographed group dancing since I saw Slipknot do an Al Johnson cover (Which didn't really happen).


Le Tigre; They All Play Everything (Or Do They) Posted by Hello

We get all the best from the new album, the last single, "TKO", the song which should have been the single, "Nanny Nanny Boo Boo", and another strong track "Viz". I was disappointed that they didn't do their cover of "I'm So Excited", it meant all the Crunchies I'd bought to throw at them where wasted (They where too crushed and melted by the end of the gig to be any use to anybody). A few old songs made outing, Le Tigre Tour Theme, FYR and What's Yr Take, but what we all want to hear (Audience chanting indicates) is Deceptacon...


Le Tigre Posted by Hello

Half ten they go of, some back on and play... Deceptacon! Hurra, I almost loose my bag in the resulting surge, and I finally get close enough to the stage to truly dig it all (A lot of men in the crowd for a feminist band, I noticed). After playing the song we're in the palm of their hands, we've heard the songs we wanted to hear, we've danced, they've boogied, we've marveled at the videos, the atmosphere is electric and there's still half an hour left! What will come next?!?!

They fuck of. After less then an hour on stage they just leave after a one song encore never to return.


Right, 10-:30, let's call it a night girls... Posted by Hello

Bastards.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


FREE Hit Counters!