Monday, March 21, 2005

Good Song, Shit Adverts

Why? Why do good songs end up on adverts for the worst things possible? In music snob fashion, heres my top five, mostly inspired by the last weeks telly.

Top Five Advert Sell Outs

1) Closer, Nine Inch Nails- Sodomized by the good folks at Vodafone
2) Shave Your Head, Rico- Some advert about some natural disaster melodrama on Sky One.
3) This Is Love, PJ Harvey - Ruined my love of her, and damaged my relationship with Tea in one fell swoop.
4) Nervous Breakdown, Black Flag -Wanadoo Broadband (I think) tell us to enjoy life my by getting broadband. How on earth they got this song defies all reason
5) Motorcycle Emptyness, Manic Street Preachers -I forgot what it was plugging, but it was probably mobile phones



Rollins, "Run, don't walk, to your nearest Broadband supplier"




P.S. I'm aware of the fact that Rollins did not sing Nervous Breakdown, at least not the version on the ad, but the photo just fits. Oaky?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


FREE Hit Counters!