Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Eldery Lady At The Bustop, Think's I'm Going To Eat Her...

I remember the days that the eldery stared at me disapprovingly, but I've started to loose my edge. Last year a woman asked me to help her across the road, and yesterday while waiting for the bus an eldery woman asked me if I was listening to Coldplay.

Very odd, that, for as wrong as it was it seemed rather well informed of what the kids of today dig (I.e. Shite). I don;t remember how, but we ended up in conversation, in which she told me that her son is the sound engineer for Coldplay, and that she has met them many a time and gone for dinner with them (In which she was surprised that they chose to sit next to her to make sure that she was alright). And that Chris Martin (And the boys) being so nice, she took up the fair trade food ideology that they kindly promote. I also got some inside news. The story about the band at the moment is that the new album is so late because they've had trouble getting the sound right, but she tells me that this is a lie! How could such talent musicians, backed by a fine Scouce engineer fail to get that sound? This woman told me that it's actually because EMI shares are falling at the moment, and that that's why its not released, not as the label claim, that the shares are falling because the albums are late. It makes no sense to me.

She also told me that she used to promote bands in Liverpool, and that she had worked with legend's such as Muddy Waters and Little Richard, booking them in a club which has long since been knocked down in favour of a multistory carpark.

Was she lying? Was she crazy? Am I too trusting? Her knowledge seemed to percise to be random thinking, so it'd would to have had been a well researched an executed plot. Personally, I'm too optimistic to think there are old ladies in the world setting out to deceive music lovers on Sunday buses. I think I'll choose to believe the story. Besides, what a great anecdote.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


FREE Hit Counters!