Saturday, March 26, 2005

Breeding

Great news today thatrecent Kakapo breading activites have been a success, three born, five on the way.

I'm only interested in this because I read Last Chance To See and loved it, Douglas Adams really was a fantastic writter. His hunt for Kakapos was my favourite part of the book, I think that the way these creatures had taken so many evolutionary wrong turns to turn out as this cute but inept creature a heart warming tale (Why I could almost relate to them).

Have to read it yourself really.



Comments:
It certainly is great news.

There's a baby northern white rhino due in August 2005 in a Czech zoo, but unfortunately, looks like the wild population (down to about 10) will be gone within a few months.

And the baiji is most likely extinct, according to Mark Carwardine.

Gareth
Another Chance To See
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


FREE Hit Counters!