Sunday, February 27, 2005

Plastic Dinosaurs

Haven't blogged all week, hope I'm not loosing commitment to this idea...

Well, to be honest I'm having trouble getting photos up and with getting a decent version of Photoshop, hence no Dresden Doll photos yet.

What I have done this week is go to Manchester, after misinterpreting a "Fancy meeting next Monday" message. I got there a week early but went for a curry anyway, and I'm going up again on the actual date on the way back from Leeds. Well, I would be if I hadn't had also had the wrong week for going to Leeds as well, so I'm going next Sunday instead (To see Lee, of Lee and Herring fame).

A true highlight of this trip, in addition to getting some gems from the good people of Vinyl Exchange, was getting to watch my favourite soap, Neighbours, on the large TV screen in one of the squares, in the snow. That's dedication to your soap...


Neighbours Posted by Hello


But, in Manchester, I got to go to Manchester Museum, not because I'm especially well cultured, I was just drawn in with the pictures of a Tyrannosaurus Rex outside. I was into dinosaurs as a kid, and being part of the Jurassic Park generation, who could not be tempted by such an offer (And for free to). Plus, Liverpool Museum only has an Allosaurus skeleton, a Skoda compared to the revved up Volvo of the T. rex, it was time to see the Big Daddy itself!

I lost the race to get to the Stan the T. rex first, which I'm sure I will never hear of first, but then, to add insult to injury, while I gazed upon the awe inspiring figure of this bird ancestor, I was dealt another blow, my "friend" read the plaque which said that this was no actual skeleton, but a plastic cast!! I think the museum staff where used to scared children, but a grown man on his knees, damning the deceptiveness of the world and dreams once again crushed, was a new one on them. They weren't happy with me taking photos either, but how else would I have gotten this photo of a giant fossilized octopus?


Posted by Hello


Or the dangerous bit of a T. rex?


Posted by Hello

Again, poor quality photos, because

a) My camera is pretty crap
b) I was polite enough to not use the flash, this as a compromise betwen me and the "No Photos" sign.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


FREE Hit Counters!