Thursday, February 17, 2005

No, they didn't...

Got a reply from Graham Lee, the guitarist from The Triffids. It reads as follows:

Dean,
We certainly didn't play at the Cavern and I'm trying to figure out (since memory is gone) if we actually played in Liverpool at all. Our connections to Liverpool are that Gil Norton produced 2 of our records and that we mixed and recorded at Amazon Studios for extensive periods. The other Triffids were some obscure (as if we weren't) US band from the sixties, or early seventies I thought. Mysterious, I'd like to think it's us but can't presently give you the definitive answer on that. Thanks anyway for opening this can of worms. And yes I'd like a larger version of the photo please.
Regards,
Graham

So that's the end of that chapter...

It's possible that there might be a third band called The Triffids, including the possibility of a UK Beat outfit. I'll keep looking into this, I have to do something productive with the insomnia...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


FREE Hit Counters!