Wednesday, February 09, 2005

I could squeeze my lemons till the juice runs down my leg, if I had possession over Pancake Day

This year, Pancake Day was suprisingly early. It was almost stealthy enough to go unoticed, and although Pancakes where made, my plans to get the first Pancake Day Number 1 (The Bongos of Jesus play "The Bells Are Ringing Out For Pancake Day (A Totally 100% original song)") went unfufiled.

I love Pancake Day, a pleasnet reminded that Jesus did something or other which was open to glib intepretation by marketing folk, but on the non-secular side, its one of the few event I've continued to celebrate every year. In fact I enjoy this annual event so much I can remember with whom I celebrated, where, and dinstingusing Pancake features:

2005; Me and "Furious", Liverpool, Pancakes with red wine in, came out a funny grey colour. made Pancakes in a wok, might regreyt this desicion in the morning.

20004; Helen, Kirk, Rach, Jonathan and Jon, in Manchester, rather plain, some with yellow colouring in

2003; Newcastle-under-Lyme, Colin and Laura, blue pancakes, one with corrianda. very well tossed, photos exist somewhere.

2002; ST5, Rebecca, Naz, Glen and Zainab (Or something), Pancakes with whiskey and brandey flavouring in, good stuff

2001; Keele, near Junction 15 of the M6. First Pancake Day of University, celebrated late in the night after getting back from the pub, poured salt down friends girlfriends pants, we all had a good laugh (Well, almost all of us).


So please take time to remember Pancake Day, show of your tossing skills in public, do something to give your Pancakes distinction, and squeeze those lemons till your blues go away, it's Pancake Day!!


Thanks to Half Man Half Biscuit and Robert Johnson.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


FREE Hit Counters!