Friday, January 07, 2005

Renegade of Goth

I currently have the pleasure working of a pub deep in enemy territory. I've been going to it for years, the scally den that it is, but now that I have the powers of barman I've started to make some changes!

End of the night, after last orders, I control the telly! I promptly turn to MTV2, Amp or something like that, the day before last finding the treat of The Cure: Live in London. I thought that was bound to drive the heathens out, speeding my return to my abode, but wait, they stop to watch! They discuss The Cure amongst themselves! The debate whats concider comerical cure and how Robert Smiths' make-up skills have declined over the years!?!? Could this be true???

Whats more, one of them comes up with a complete gem if music insight.
"I prefare the Lovecats type stuff" says one,
"Bah, bloody commericalist" I reply in typical musical snob fashion and again turn my atention to colelction glasses.
"Commerical!" they exclaim in reply, "The Cure are more underground than.. Soil!!"

Throughlt defeted, I returned to the job at hand.


Maybe those scallies have hidedn depth, perhaps all they need is a leader....



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


FREE Hit Counters!