Friday, January 14, 2005

A Guilty Pleasure...

I departed my abode early this morning, finishing my tea and heading to town, a man with a mission. Two pairs of boots had broken zips, my Beatle Boots and my New Rocks (If you've seen the episode of Spinechillers, "Goths", featuring Mackenzie "Bloke from The Office" Crook and Mark "I've Been in Every Good BBC / Channel 4 Comedy in the last Ten Years" Heap, you have to see the opening page of the New Rock Site). Turns out that Timpsons have a monopoly on the UK boot zip fixing market, so it'd cost £120 to fix the New Rock (The original price) and £60 for the others, which had only cost twentytwo Euros. I left the shop, boots in bag...

I also had to buy some new trousers for work, I'd been told my leather trosuers where "Too kinky for work" and daren't try out the PVC ones, so i had to do the rounds of River Island, Burton and Finally Top Man (Of Motorhead t-shirt fame). Burton had nothing long enough in the leg, but they did have Adam Ant on the video jukebox, but as Ant faded out, 50 Cent faded in, and I faded out the shop. Top Man, a long despised shop, saved the day. First of, two for one sale, and I found trousers straight away (Nice pinstripes and a cotton pair that look velvety). Second, same offer on shoes, and they had winklepickers! I have difficulties in finding shoes, winklepickers, brothel creepers and Chealsea boots are hard to come, and I like nice cork bottoms with leather soles, but I'm afraid to say I had to compromise. Turned out the winklepickers where Size 10, no good to me, but I also got some jazzy white shows and poiny Chealsea Boots. And despite all this coming to a mere £60, I was offerd a store card which gave me 10% off, hurra! Must remember to pay that off... So, I enjoyed shopping in a "trendy" shop. I'm sorry I tried to hide when a friend saw me in there, and that I was ashamed hving to walk around with the logo on the bags when clearly dressed as a man who does not like that sorta shop, but at least I overcame a pejudice!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


FREE Hit Counters!